Lights are a part of every event of life and they have only evolved over the years. The lights and bulbs that were initially invented are very different from what is available to this present day. What Thomas Alva Edison invented was solely meant for one to be able to view things in the dark. But with time, as Green Energy Solutions rightly points out, the use of light bulbs began in the domain of ornamentation as well.
Types of light bulbs
Different types of lights are now available, some that react to sound and some still that help in killing insects. These come in innumerable unique shapes and sizes too. Also, the quality of light emitted from the bulbs is not the same for all. However, the three broad categories that one can select from are CFL, incandescent light, and LED lights. There are major points of difference between these bulb types and hence a detailed understanding to help in the discernment of which bulb type is most suited to one’s requirements is needed.
An important consideration in the selection of bulbs
The level of energy consumption is a very important point of consideration emphasizing Green Energy Solutions. The reason behind this is global warming and the other ill effects of energy wastage and emission of excessive amounts of CFCs or greenhouse gases. The presence of toxic air is lowering the levels of life expectancy. The owners of this privately owned business aim to add more individuals to the green revolution and increase the use of energy-efficient appliances and equipment. They provide energy-efficient solutions for all industries and contribute towards maintaining a healthy environment.
Difference between LED and traditional lights
Probing this intention forward, the use of LED or light-emitting diode lights in place of traditional forms of light has been encouraged. The following reasons validate the cause of the shift from the traditional practice to this novel one.
- Cost-effectiveness – the fact that LED bulbs do not use much energy and do not waste it as well makes them pocket friendly. Initially, people would consider LED lights to be costlier but now that the prices of LED bulbs have come to par with the other types of lights, it becomes convenient to purchase them. They are low maintenance too.
- Energy saving – unlike the CFLs and other traditional lights, the LED uses about 75% less energy for illumination. Calculations have revealed that only 11-12 watts are used by an LED lamp to give out light as opposed to the 50% used by traditional lights.
- Do not emit heat – the LED lights use the technique of creating photons that generate no heat at all, making the LED lights safe to be handled and installed. There is no risk of burns or other hazards.
- Longer life – these bulbs last more than 10 years says Green Energy Solutions and are therefore known for their longevity. Such lights are capable of withstanding wind, vibration, rain, shocks, etc. efficiently.
- Smart choice – the LED lights are compatible with technologically advanced home systems that turn off lights when no one is within the vicinity. This further saves energy brilliantly.
LED lights that are ENERGY STAR certified must be purchased if one has to enjoy all the benefits of LED bulbs over traditional lighting appliances.