Designing has become a vast field over the years, be it graphic designing, logo designing, banner designing, etc. There was a time when people would create handmade designs which would take a lot of hard work and time but in this modern technology you’ve got software which will make your job easier and in less time. Every designer has to put in their own idea to make the symbol look more attractive and alluring which attracts the audience.
Before you design any logo, you need to keep in mind a few things which are as follows:
1) For what purpose you are designing a logo: You need to ask this question to yourself before designing because when you know the purpose of your insignia, the results or the outcome you get is worth it. The purpose could be creating awareness, building relationships, making people recognize your company by your emblem, etc. Knowing your purpose will make your job way easier and your mind will be bombarded with ideas you can apply.
2) Which audience you are targeting: One of the first few steps is to know your target audience. Knowing your target audience means the financial status of your audience, the gender, age group, profession, educated or uneducated, etc. This will help you in achieving your goal fast and in less span of time.
3) Who is your competitor: Research of your competitor is an essential part of your job. By doing this you will get to know about your competitor’s thought process, goals, achievements, audience, etc. This research will benefit you in the long run and you can come up with some better ideas and results as compared to your competitor.
4) What kind of response do you expect from your audience: If you are expecting a positive response then you also need to know what kind of logos people are attracted to and you got to design it according to them? The response you expect from your audience describes how well your badge has performed or has impacted your targeted audience. To know the response you can show your logo to people, post it on your social media pages.
5) Know if you are designing it for a website, brand, or outfit: This is a very thin line and it can create a bad impact on your results if you don’t know the forum you are designing for. The website will have a different logo, a brand has a different concept and outfits needs a different type of logo. With a logo there comes a tagline that plays a very important role in creating an impact on the consumer or customer. So before designing you must know the basic information.
6) Your ultimate goal after designing a logo: Your goals can be in different forms whether it is to generate leads and sales, create awareness among people regarding a specific issue, urging people to donate to an NGO or foundation, asking people to join a community for a better cause, etc. You got to know your goal and design your sign accordingly. One has to be sharp and wise who can understand the human psyche and play with it.
A Creative Logo Design requires all this information to get impactful results.
The most popular software that is used for building a creative design are:
1) Adobe illustrator: It is one of the basic and important software for beginners who want to start their career in logo designing. You can make your hands dirty on this particular software it will help you become a professional designer. You can also use the tools given in the software such as pen tool, colors, bezier, clipping masks, pathfinder, strokes panel, etc.
2 Adobe photoshop: This software is widely used by graphic/logo designers. It makes your job easier and trustworthy. Tools that are built-in which you can apply are zoom tool, lasso tool, brush tools, and many more.
Considering it as a career option?
Now if you seek my opinion, the need for skilled logo and graphic designers is escalating day by day because every company requires it. You can also work as a freelancer by getting projects online. In order to start your career with a logo or graphic designing you don’t need a degree from any top-notch institutions, you can do a 3-month short course or simply learn it online from youtube, udemy, edx, or any other online platform and practice it at home using the software mentioned above.
TACTICS TO DESIGN EYE-CATCHING LOGO